Hello World!
That's right, I'm pregnant and this is our little baby at 12 weeks! I'm almost 14 weeks and happy to have entered the second trimester! Much less scary, and much too exciting to keep it to ourselves anymore! Our baby is due at the very end of September, perfect timing for our move in December after Daniel graduates. We'll find out if it's a boy or girl in early May - so stay posted! I'll be blogging more regularly now that I don't have to keep such a huge life event a secret anymore :)
We wanted to have a baby before we left Yale, and were getting pretty down to the wire. We had begun to accept the fact that it wasn't going to happen right now, and shifted our mindset to other things. When the pregnancy test was positive, we were super happy, and even more surprised. I was pretty skeptical, and didn't fully commit to the idea until a Doctor's appointment verified the pregnancy with an ultrasound. They thought I was 8 weeks along, and performed an u/s to see the baby. I was actually only 5 weeks along, and had the opportunity to see our baby at an incredibly early stage. They had to use a special diagnostic ultrasound, and then we were finally able to see our little 'seahorse' baby as I called it. It was really neat, and we can't wait for the next ultrasound, they are just too fun! We are so super duper excited and just can't wait. We think about the baby all the time, and have fun making baby related jokes/excuses. :)
I felt sick off and on throughout the first few months. I have been morning sickness free for over 2 weeks now, and hope it doesn't come back! Daniel claims I have cravings for nacho's....but I'm not so sure about that :) When does something become a 'craving' vs. just wanting to eat it twice? I'm not quite showing yet, and haven't really gained any weight - probably due to loosing a few lbs. during the first few months from lack of appetite.
Thanks in advance to all your love and support! We couldn't be more happy and are just thrilled!
12 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS! Dave and I are smiling so big right now at learning your news! I hope you keep feeling better. Enjoy going to those ultrasound appointments, they really are so fun and you'll just love when you see this tiny little jelly bean with tiny arms and legs wiggling around inside of you. It is the best!
Yea! Congratulations.
Congratulations!!
Oh my goodness! I am so so so excited for you guys! Glad you are feeling better too! It is NO fun to feel icky all the time. I can hardly wait to see your cute little seahorse!
Congratulations, that is so exciting!
I am thrilled for you guys!! So will your baby be Connor's third cousin? I don't really understand how that all works out.
Thanks for your encouragement and excitement everyone!
Amy - the ultrasounds are the best! i thought about buying one after seeing how awesome it was! haha
Meredith - i can't wait either! when's your baby girl due?! it's got to be getting close!
Rochelle - yes, we'll work it out somehow and they kiddo's will know they are cousins! :) They don't need to know the details :)
YAY YAY!! We are so excited for you guys. Plus, seahorse baby is better than bean baby, you lucky ducks. Remember that time I screamed in the car on the way to Babies R us? I'm still that excited, and love that whenever we are together there is really four awesome people hanging out :D
YEAH!!! I am so thrilled for you guys!! :) :) :) I know I've been a bit MIA from the blogging/email world, but occasionally I get on and read, and I'm so glad I did today!! :) Love you and so excited for your new adventure! :)
Congrats you guys! can't wait for more posts!
if wanting to eat something twice is a pregnancy craving, then I am always pregnant for some Ramos pizza!
also, update me on post-grad plans...we have vacations to plan that revolve around you if you're up for it.
Yeah, yeah, and yeah! You guys will be wonderful parents. Happy to hear the worst of the pregnancy is behind you. Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl :)
Post a Comment