Sorry for the blog hiatus! When life calmed down enough to put up a post, our computer died! Daniel ordered replacement parts and they just came in the mail yesterday. It's been a few weeks, and today I was so desperate to get online that I powered up my ancient laptop to get the job done!
So here I am. We went all the way to New Zealand for Christmas break to see my Dad and little brother Colin. It was great to see them again, we all had so much fun together. The fact that they live in a beautiful place like New Zealand is just a bonus :) I'll post lost of pictures when the main computer works again.
Daniel is wrapping up the last few days of an awesome rotation focused on Dermatology. This is a field he is really interested in, and a top prospect for future jobs. He's met lots of great people at his various dermatology locations, and even had 3 different people encourage him to come back and work with them when he graduates in a year. Exciting stuff!
I've begun a cooking class called 'Cooking with Valerie' - I don't love the name, but oh well. It's through the Graduate Life Programs and offered to those who life in Grad housing (we live in one of 3 grad apartment complexes). The previous teacher left, and they needed someone to step in. My friends Maddie and Josh told me they were still looking for someone after about a month, so I applied. They pay for the food used in the class, and give us a discount on our monthly rent. My first class is tonight, but I can't decided if I should cancel it because of the snow and ice that is expected to keep coming all day and night. Decisions, Decisions!
I'm also looking forward to joining a photography club here in New Haven. They have been around for 100 years and have lots of amazing pro's as members. They meet twice a month and have a monthly competition. It should be fun! Hopefully there are some other beginners there :) There website says it is for all types of people interested in photography, even beginners...so we'll see. I'll keep you posted!
Pictures with the next post hopefully - I know that's really what it's all about :)
3 comments:
That is so awesome that you are teaching a cooking class. I wish I could take it!
HELLO BETTY . .how was your cooking class??? yay for you i wish i was there to come. so which allrecipes.com recipe did you use :) jk but seriously i hope you post your recipes after each class!! you really inspired me to be a better cook ..for rilz especially after having done dinner group with you :)thanks for all your comments on the blog. i can't wait to see all the gorgeous photos of new zealand and hear more about your photography club.
so daniel is only allowed to go into dermatology if he takes a job in nashville when he's done! actually that goes for any area of study he's interested in!
totally miss you and am so happy for all your new endeavors! rose is doing that whole tantrum thing so we'll chat later :)
did you do it? how did it go?
Post a Comment