hello blog world! i'm sitting on my floor in my pj's groovin' to some of my most favorite songs. and i think it should be officially stated that i. love. music. muy muy muy mucho.
i posted about a recent concert to see john mayer, and that was just a glimpse into my love for music. it started when i was negative 0, and my awesome pregnant mama would take me to concerts :) true story. it continued as she took me to the stevie ray vaughan memorial gathering, and when my parents surprised my elementary school self with tickets to see alanis morissette. i had a quick lapse in muscial judgement, as i got sucked into Brittney Spears and N*Sync (we don't have to keep talking about that though). it continued and has grown throughout college and since. my friend natalie n. is my live music buddy, and we'll stop anywhere to dance along to a good tune. our tag line is 'WE LOVE LIVE MUSIC!!!' (it has to be in all caps, because when you're listening to live music, you must yell it!) guitar and piano are my favorites. in some songs, the lyrics really draw me in. in others, it's the guitar riff. sometimes the flowing beauty of a piano piece will get me.
i love music for it's ability to permeate your body and soul. it flows through you, and swirls about your world in a magical way.
my ideal future home allows me to be outside on a cozy, festive back porch with wireless speakers pumping my favorite tunes into the atmosphere and up into the bright shining stars.
ahhhh.....the end.
ps. if you wanna get your own music swirling, i highly recommend using playlist.com and pandora.com :)
3 comments:
Ah yes music. It is interesting to hear the different things that people look for in music. I love something I can sing to. I love something I can dance to (at least my version of dancing, and only if Aaron isn't looking because he has banned me from dancing). And lastly I love music the stirs my soul.
Haha, Aaron banned you from dancing!? There must be a story to this...I remember yall tearin up the dance floor at our wedding! Singing to songs is a plus, but not a necessity for me...because I can't sing well at all :) The song has to be turned up rEAl loud, then I'll chime in!
couldn't have said it better myself Valerie :)
Post a Comment