Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"him's just a little guy"

Here is a smaller project that I've already completed."Him's just a little guy" is one of my favorite sayings from an EX-favorite family TV show.....rhymes with 'Mosselin'.

 
This little guys was just a buck! I love the color it adds to our TV console (sooo dark and black)
Here's what it looked like before. It's not really dieing for a makeover or anything...but I wanted to brighten it up a bit.
( Disclaimer: I'm really bad about taking true 'before' pictures. I either 100% forget, or remember once I'm already into the transformation..like here)

I covered the glass with ceran wrap on top and then painters tape along the bottom of the glass. 
Spray painted it 'ivory'
...but that didn't look too hot. I don't know if it's too cold in our basement, or if I am just a terrible spray-painter....but the paint job was really bad! It was all bubbly, splotchy, runny....ok probably ALL my fault. So I decided to sand away the pitiful paint and make it look rustic...
ps. the candles smell great!

4 comments:

The Gublers said...

That turned out so cute! I knew that you would make it look cute!

RHulsey said...

That is smart. I never would have thought of something like that. You have such a creative mind.

Whitney said...

him sure look cute though him's just a little guy! and am i just retarded or what i can't figure our the ex-family favorite show :)

Sarah, Jordan, and Faye said...

ok so love this idea and I really want to do it! akkkkkkkk you need to start a special blog of just the awesome ideas and things you do Val!