Saturday, February 27, 2010

Beautiful Winters and a Wonderful Surprise!

A few weeks ago, a big, BEAUTIFUL snowstorm came to New Haven. When I walked outside, the snow covered trees took my breath away. Everything was so gorgeous! I left the house early in the morning to work on my wintertime photography skills. My bestie (down jacket) and I adventured around town for a few hours, just soaking in the beauty. There were so many photos I thought I should make another slide show of them all. I realized after doing this, that I have made photo slide shows for summer, fall, and now winter...haha. All a total coincidence! It doesn't surprise me too much though, I love being outside, enjoying nature, and love the different seasons. To revisit my past seasonal slide shows, click here for summer and fall.




Soooo, what's the surprise??

The Song! While I was searching the slide.com website for a good song to go with my video, I was so surprised and excited to see that my childhood friend Valentina was one of their featured artists!!!! I had to choose one of her songs!

The friendship of Val and Val began back in 2nd grade (well, I wasn't so nice to her at first) but then hit it off in 5th grade when we had the same teacher. We remained close for many years, and would try to see eachother whenever we were both back in Texas. I am amazed at how different our lives have turned out. While I was enjoying highschool football games and trying to win student government elections, she was in New England for musical arts boarding school. I headed off to college, she went to the UK to work becoming a singer/songwriter/composer. Now I'm all setteled down, and she's livin' it up in LA! Amazing huh!?

3 comments:

RHulsey said...

You are a really good photographer. I think you capture a lot of nice shots.

Alicia said...

Your pictures are beautiful! It almost makes me miss snow :) The angles you choose are wonderful.

Valerie said...

Thanks friends! I still have a lot to learn, maybe Alicia and Sarah can give me some tips when I'm in Tampa again sometime :)