Monday, October 5, 2009

Hamburgers and Drug Dealers?!

This is the tiny little restaurant with HUGE personality - Louis Lunch. They say they invented the sandwich style hamburger! And they stand by their burgers so much, they do not allow ketchup in the restaurant!

Eating at this famous place was fun, unique, and the people where such characters! The strangest 'character' (that's a euphemism) was a guy who was probably a drug dealer. We're about 82.9% certain. The weirdest part was when a nice old grandma who was waiting to eat her burger turned to this innocent looking customer, and gave this guy $200 cash and said "Count it! It's 200!"  He kept saying that all of his clients owe him money...? Apparently the owner owed him money too, that's why the dealer was at the restaurant I guess. The place was smaller than our apartment living room, so we could hear and see EVERYTHING! Does anyone have any other ideas??? I'd love to hear 'em!

Before & After


We love weekend Date Nights :)


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

hoang said...

oh man, i asked daniel if you guys had ever had louis lunch and then I stumble on this post. was it so delicious? i really want to try that place...i saw it on the tv show Hamburger Paradise.

Valerie said...

It was very good. I liked it more than Daniel I think, but he is a Hamburger snob :) jk and loves to make his own burgers. I was surprised at how yummy they were, and how I didn't feel deprived w/o a real bun and ketchup.