So we went on our 'last' camp out for a while. The baby is coming, then winter, then who knows where we'll be and if we'll want to go camping there!
The Adirondacks have been a place that I've wanted to check out since moving up here. Not sure why - but I did, and we went! First off the Adirondacks are HUGE - so picking an exact place to go was challenging. I was more interested in Mountains than lakes...so we aimed to stay near Whiteface mountain in the 'High Peaks' region. Whiteface Mtn. is right next to Lake Placid - and we camped at a KOA camp ground right by both places. We lucked out with an ideal campsite and had a blast.
Here's our little set up :) We love out little tent. Every time we camp we marvel at how much we love it. It's a Wenzel - you should get one :)
Sitting in an Adirondack Chair IN the Adirondacks!!!! We are in the town of Lake Placid, looking at Mirror Lake.
Right along our campground was the flumes waterfall of the Ausable River. It was really fun exploring and we went to a swimming hole area to take a dip - no pictures - we miss our waterproof camera!
Then we were off to tour some of the Olympic sties from the 1980 Winter Olympics. Here is Daniel on the bobsled/luge/skeleton track. We got to walk all the day down! Look how vertical this turn is!!!!
Then to the Ski Jump area!
Scary at the top! Who thinks of these 'sports'?!!
Here's where athletes (and kids) practice in the summer! How fun!
We also got to go up on a Gondola ride to the top of Whiteface Mountain!
(it was a bit hazy from the humidity - but down below is Lake Placid)
The trip ended with Daniel winning first place for best camping hubby ever. He was very helpful and did all of my jobs for me to help me feel comfortable while camping at 7 months pregnant. I made reservations for this trip about 4 months ago, when I knew nothing about anything. As the aches and discomforts of the 3rd trimester began, I started to become nervous for this trip. Daniel was really great and really did help make everything much better than I could have imagined. Thanks babe!
3 comments:
Ooo I am so jealous. All Aaron wanted to do was camp this summer, but then the fires messed things up for us. Your camping spot looks gorgeous! I hope you are feeling well.
ooooh so awesome WE LOVE camping! and hiking we're jealous lOL
ok...I am REALLY needing an update with pics of Ella...and her story.
Post a Comment