Our baby girl will be here in 3 short months! Yesterday was her -3 months bday :) We get more and more excited as each day passes. With only 3 months left, I'm in the final stretch. I can already tell I'll greatly miss the simplicity and ease of my 2nd trimester. Here is my first official belly shot at 27 weeks. Isn't funny how sometimes you feel big, and other times you feel small?
I think this week my first official craving has begun...luckily it's just chocolate, and not anything strange :) Every single night for over a week I have been needing chocolate. I made a big batch of no bake cookies to get by until my next trip to the grocery store.Yummm :)
We purchased a stroller from Craigslist and are really happy with it! The carriage can face forward, flip around to outward facing, or just come off completely so you can snap in your carseat instead. There are a few minor dings here and there, but it is so functional and was such a great deal that they don't bother me at all.
Our little babies Grandma's are also so excited for her arrival! Both my mom and Daniel's mom have been sewing precious keepsakes for her over the past few months. I love each special item so much. She is going to be one loved little baby.
Dresses
My mom and I made these cute and super simple dresses in May...they even have matching headbands :)
Susan made this blessing dress! I'm still amazed at her sewing skills! It's so beyond anything I can comprehend. Isn't it just gorgeous?!
The whole set, dress, slip, booties and a bonnet!
Quilts
Susan whipped together this quilt in a matter of hours! She made the top while at my place one afternoon, and then we took it to the farm in Maryland to quilt it. Daniel's grandparents live on 'the farm' and we go there a few times a year. Grandma Cox is a big quilter, so we put the baby quilt on her big frame and all started quilting - Susan, Aunt Connie, Daniel's sisters Raquel and Cristina, Daniel and Myself all have stitches in this quilt :) Isn't that neat? I just love it!
My mom inhereted this quilt top about a year ago. Since it was just a top, it was in perfect condition, never used. After months of debating, we finally confiremd it was sewn by my mom's Great Grandmother. My mom has been fixing little details, adding borders and giving it all the TLC a little quilt could ever need. Now it's being quilted by my mom and her quilting group in San Antonio. They are adding beautiful designs to it, making it even more lovely. This quilt will eventually go to our little girl, making it 6 generations deep! How neat is that?!
What fun we've had! Even more to come once she's here!

5 comments:
I love the pictures!! Yay you finally look pregnant :) Cute dresses. How fun to have such cute keepsakes.
You are getting so close!
Adorable little things! That last quilt seems especially meaningful. How did you sew those cute headbands? I just love them! Good luck. Hope these last 3 months fly by :)
The blessing dress came out so BEAUTIFUL!! Mom searched high and low for the material and lace, those pictures were the first time I saw it! That BRamos is already SO loved, so won't know what hit her!! XOXO
you're so cute! and I love he quilt is turned out so beautiful very very lucky little girl :)
Post a Comment