Day 1 - Palmyra at the Pageant. We didn't have lots of time to see all the church sites there, but the show was awesome and I'd love to go back again with more time!
The crew + a lil Nephite Family
Los Hustedts :)
Us. It rained.
Click 'more' for the rest of the trip...you know you want tooooo!
Day 2 - Drive a few hours west to Niagara Falls, enter Canada through the grumpiest customs agent ever! Enjoyed the falls and Maid of the Mist boat ride. The American Falls.
The Canadian Falls.
Maid of the Mist Boat ride. A classic Niagara experience.
Here we are right up in the middle of the falls and the huge mist clouds.
Rainbow!
Oh Canada!!!
Here you can see how close the 2 falls are from each other. It's one big river that splits into a Y shape right before the big drop off. The American Fall (left) are really neat, but pale in comparison to the majesty of the Canadian falls, or 'Horeshoe Falls' (right).
View from the top of the falls. It's incredible to be right up there where the water is falling down. It's incredibly quiet and breathtaking. Did I mention it was incredible? :P
Day 3 - Ithica NY - After we were done sightseeing in Niagara we drove a few hours down to Ithica NY to stay with Josh's brother and SIL apartment overnight. We got in late, and left early after church, but stopped at a neat/dinky waterfall in town. JK. It's not dinky, it was actually really awesome and tons of fun to explore. It just looks a little wimpy after the massive Niagara falls :)
Can you see it?! It was way down there. We drove to a free look-out spot after church to see if they were worth $14 to go hike to. We decided it was, changed, and carpooled in to save 7 bucks. We aren't made of money, yall!
Ah. Much better!
We choose to walk in the refreshing/deathly slippery river up to the water fall (who needs a real trail?). You totally can't tell, but this patch of river was the scariest/funniest/most dangerous part of the whole weekend! Haha. Check out Josh and Maddie's extreme foot placement aniayzation.
Walking along this log was easier than walking in the slippery river bed! Look at Daniel's skills!
B.E.A.utiful.
It was great. You should add the pageant and the falls to your life 'to do' checklist and make it happen some day.
7 comments:
Wow. Looks like you had an awesome weekend! Niagara, the Sacred Grove and the Pagent are all officially on my to-do list.
Oh Valeria, that looks like so much fun! I'm happy you guys are able to take so many trips to fun places. I like how you said you are 'normal people'!
Opps...your name should be spelled Valerie. Opps!
P.S. I LOVE your new blog layout. Ben will never let me do anything that girly, but I love the look of it :)
I thought we looked so funny crossing the River, who knew we looked like such geeks. It was a fantastic trip, you are the greatest friends...many more adventures to come.
Its OK Alicia, I often call her Valeria, with a Spanish soap opera accent though.
Alicia- what's funny is I consider this totally my blog :) Yes it's about the two of us, but I've never even thought about it being to girly! Maybe I should scale it back! I feel a bit selfish now with my bright yellows and ribbons and flowers all over the place!
Becca- Yes, you must go. It's still going on this week! Do IT!
Maddie- Geeks! Ya right! We look fantastic! Don't you think otherwise!
I have loved reading about and seeing your pictures from all your summer trips and adventures. Keep livin' it up!
Post a Comment