Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Swept up in life :)

It has been quite a while! Sometimes when too much fun stuff happens, I get bogged down in my blogging, and swept up in life instead.

This has been a great month! Daniel competed in his Triathalon, I visited my Grandma in Utah, Celebrated Daniel's birthday, read a few good books, and went on my first New England beach trip. 






Daniel did an amazing job at his Triathalon! While he competed, I was in Utah, and by mid-day of the race, his mom Susan, and sister Raquel and I were texting each other to anxiously awaiting any news. Finally he texted me the words "I made it, I didn't die." I read the message out loud to everyone at my Grandmas, and we burst into a clapping and cheering in relief and excitement.
Daniel's birthday was also quite an event. I planned a surprise party for him, and it was so fun. Daniel made it challenging, as he unknowingly set up road blocks to many of my sneaky plans...somehow, we pulled it off though, and he was totally shocked when everyone yelled 'SURPRISE' as we entered the house. He screamed and jumped up and backwards, waving his hands in the air.

It. Was. AWESOME. 

We made an Ice cream cake. It was quite a disaster in the kitchen, but turned out nicely for the party. Everyone seemed to really enjoy it, and I'll probably attempt to make one again sometime soon.

Lastly, I went to the beach while Daniel was out golfing. It was warm, but overcast and a bit too breezy near the beach. I didn't mind, and found this tucked away spot to read and get some sun while being sheltered from the wind. 
I was impressed with the lush plant life in the dunes!
Friends here have warned me "They aren't like the beaches in Florida" as a disclaimer to expect disapointment. I feel like all beaches are different, and neat in their own way. I loved this one and was pleased to see my friends were right, it wasn't like any beach in Florida :)


2 comments:

RHulsey said...

It's ok to get swept up in life. Especially in May. May just seems like it is always a very busy month.

Alicia said...

Wow! What a fun month! Tell Daniel congrats on his accomplishment. That's a really hard thing to do, I hear.

Love that beach spot! It looks so inviting.

Happy to hear all is well :)