Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Fail.

I've been trying hard to be productive all day, and then was struck with 2 big fat FAILS.


Fail 1: I tried to make a zucchini cake for my Activity Days girls. My plan was for it to be soooo delicious they would be in total shock when I told them there were 3 zucchini's in it. Well. That will never happen :) I used splenda to make it extra healthy and all I can taste is the fake sugarness of it (I despise this taste, I should have known better). I also didn't realize I loaned out my 9x13 baking pan, so decided to use 2 round cake pans. I didn't adjust the baking time properly, and they are kinda over done and very flat. So now I have crunchy gross cake that I wont be sharing w/ anyone :) well except for Daniel I guess....such a lucky guy!

Fail 2: Red hand towels....In my 'medium' load of laundry = New pink socks and dish towels. Woops.

Luckily, it's not just me. There are miiiiilions of other fails out there to console me. Like, 
 
Or....

oh gez.

this one is gross, but makes me feel better about adding splenda to my recipe and not....
A CHICKEN HEAD!

I'm happy to say I can't remember the last time I ate McDonalds.....hey that's a WIN!!!

6 comments:

RHulsey said...

Oh no. I'm sorry about your cake and laundry. At least you have festive socks for next V-Day :)

Jill said...

We just have to have some of 'those' days for future humor. I don't see failure at all. I see a cute girl doing all the right things for all the right reasons....and then 'life' happens!I am loving your blog, craft projects and gorgeous photography! Thanks for sharing.

Whitney said...

i think comment #1 wins for the festive sock idea :) you were being crafy and didn't even know it!

Daniel Ramos said...

I think that this was the same day I pranked you!...at least that was hilarious!

Valerie said...

Thanks everyone!

mandie said...

you MUST add extra baking soda and non fat dry milk to your baking with splenda recipes to hang on to your texture. i admit the fake sugar taste is still detectable...