Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Winter Adventures

It's February. And it's winter. And I'm still alive!

I am proud to report, that I am surviving my first real winter! I owe it all to my big, full length, down jacket :) It's not cute...but WHO CARES, it is so warm! I've walked out in 18 degree weather numerous times in my down jacket and thought, "It's not even that cold today".

So thanks to my jacket (aka - new best friend) I have been enjoying the winter! I really like the snow...it is soooo beautiful! Something I've never had the chance to enjoy before. Here in Whitehall, they plow our parking lot, and ice/shovel our sidewalks and steps for us, which is wonderful.

I recently went on an winter adventure with my friend Jennifer - we went snow-shoeing. It was a lot of fun, and gave me a chance to try to take some neat winter pictures. I wasn't very pleased with them at first, but after some color adjustments (snow is sooo white! who woulda thought!?) I think they are alright. I definitely need to keep working on it though.

 
(snow shoes allow you to float above the snow)
  
  
  
  
  
  
(i like these snowy tree spines)




 
(I LOVE-U LESLIE)
this was our inspiration for....

 
 
 our lame replications :) it's the thought that counts right?!!!


Another fun winter adventure was attending a Yale Hockey game with our friends the Huestedts. We had a great time, and want to see a couple more games before the season ends. 


So winter has been great so far, but true to form, I've already begun planning weekly trips to the beach once it's warm again. Haha.

3 comments:

RHulsey said...

And as I red this I am wrapped up in a blanket because it is 71 degrees in my apartment. I would never make it there.

emily :) said...

Love the snow pictures!! Trees + Snow = my favorite picture combo!! :) Right now Brian is very jealous of anyone who has snow....we have had NONE! To enjoy the snow this year we have had to drive into the mountains...not a far, but Brian says it doesn't count (poor boy, he has been pouting all season!) Glad you are staying warm...that jacket looks so comfortable and warm!

RiChArd and MeReDitH said...

I totally know what you mean...I am already wishing that I could just wear short sleeves without freezing...is that too much to ask? I like Winter in Dec. and Jan. but by the end of Feb I am officially done with that and ready to move onto spring. I saw your mom this weekend. Visiting with grandma...it was a crazy and slightly emotional weekend. I wish you could have been here...it would have been so much more fun. Too bad we live so far away from each other! Love ya!