Some most exciting news has finally motivated me to get back into blogging again! Daniel has been chosen to participate in the "Escape from Alcatraz" Triatholon in San Francisco this May!
It's pretty intense! This is the description from their website:
The Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon includes a 1.5 mile swim from Alcatraz Island in the San Francisco Bay. The race continues with an 18 mile bike ride out the Great Highway, through the Golden Gate Park, and concludes with an 8 mile run through the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. The finish is at The Marina Green.
Daniel began preparing in January, and has kicked his training into high gear now that he is officially in the race. It's very ambitious, and Daniel couldn't be more excited and happy about it. It's a great distraction, light at the end of the tunnel, all that good stuff you need while suffering though grad school :)
Gooooooo Daniel! I know you will do awesome!
As for myself, I've been working on some exciting projects too, but on a much smaller scale :) I have started to become very interested in creating things. My first project worthy of blog publication was re-doing a small shelfy thing...maybe a spice rack in it's past life. I patched up holes, painted it, backed it with fabric and added a wooden embelishment...and it's lovely!
Before:
After!!!!


7 comments:
Very exciting! Sending good wishes Daniel's way as he prepares! Also, I LOVE the shelf thingy you re-did!! Looks so good!!
That triathlon sounds like it is going to be pretty exciting. I wish we could come and cheer him on!
And that shelf you made is so pretty. You definitely have a crafty gene.
Triathlon?! That is amazing...and I totally want your handmade shelf :)
Wow! That sounds intense, indeed! Good luck to Daniel.
The shelf is ADORABLE! What are you going to use it for? It's really stunning. Really. Great job ;)
That shelf is amazing! You are so talented! Good luck Daniel.
Thanks for all the love guys! I will be making more cute stuff, so stay tuned! :)
totally stayin tuned! can't wait for MORE craftmania! HOLLAAAA!!
Post a Comment