Sunday, February 7, 2010

Another Project!

Another Project! It started with this cute wooden dish that I found at the Salvation Army, it was only 50 cents! I spray painted it antique white and just love it!
Now, I just have to find something to put in it!

So another project ensued. I knew I wanted the dish to go on my dining table, but wasn't sure what to put in it. I was thinking decorative balls, but wasn't really sure about it. 

I then found this big bunch flowers at goodwill for 1 buck....and an idea hit me! I went and bought some styrofoam balls from Michaels and created these little beauties :)

 

I took the flowers and cut them off of the bunch, leaving about 1 cm of stem left attached to the flower petal.
 

Then I stabbed the stem into the foam balls...
 

....made a HUGE MESS....

and all these little cuties!

 

I'll post another picture of them of on the actual table - which is going to get another mini upgrade later today :) Stay tuned!

8 comments:

Natalie Bergin said...

My goodness you are SO creative. I need to make a few more trips to the salvation army...and have you come with me for help!

Whitney said...

yay i love those little flower balls! good job yo . .so what's this excited thing you are doing to your table?? can't wait!

David and Amy said...

You are very clever to come up with the idea for those adorable flower balls! What a cute project!

Alicia said...

Those are so happy and beautiful! Job well done ;)

RHulsey said...

So crafy, so so crafty. It's awesome!

emily :) said...

So pretty!! I need to start looking at second hand stuff with new eyes!! :)

Jordan said...

that is soooooooooo cute Val I love that idea and I might steal it later on in life when I find my own...LOL...xoxo

Valerie said...

So glad you all like them!!! It great to get feedback on my little ideas. Ya'll are the best!