Some people amaze me!
I walk into BJ's Wholesale with my boss Bro. Durrant. A lady from his ward is there, and he introduces me to her. I politely and properly introduce myself to her, and she replies with "You look like a little girl".
Who says that? Soooo annoying!
What made it worse was that the same situation happened the day before. We were at a Christmas party and my boss introduced me to a fellow, the guy looks at Bro. Durrant in bewilderment and says "YOU HIRED A LAUREL!??" Gez people!
Maybe everyone I meet has turrets syndrome. Maybe I look sooooo young I send people into utter shock, and they loose all sense of tact, politeness, and social skills. Maybe I should start wearing my Grandma costume regularly.
Any Ideas???
3 comments:
I feel your pain, I get that all the time, too! (Even worse when they think you're a 12 year-old with 2 kids!) I am convinced one day when I am in my 80s and someone says, "wow are you 60," then it will all be worth it!
-Jessica
I used to get people always saying I looked 16. Then I had a kid, and I think it aged me because I never get that anymore.
Het it's better than the alternative! I once had someone ask if Kelera was my GRANDDAUGHTER!!!
Post a Comment