This week I have felt very thankful for my job. Pretty much every person I meet in the Church asks me how I got my job, and what it entails....so in case you were wondering too, here ya go!
I am a Support Specialist for the Church's Seminaries and Institutes program (formerly CES). I heard about the job through my Bishop. He knew I was looking for a job, and that I had done office work before. After about 3 weeks of futile job searching on my own, this job became available. He got me in contact w/ the area's S&I Director, Dwight Durrant. I had to apply for the job, submit a resume, have an interview, get worthiness clearance...all sorts of stuff. The funniest thing I had to do was take an intense timed online exam of Microsoft Word and Excel - the Church is so hard core! I passed w/ flying colors though, and was hired a few weeks later :)
It is a part time job, w/ very flexible hours. I help Brother Durrant with the New Haven institute classes each week. But there is much more! We oversee 3 stakes seminary and institute classes, I keep busy by communicating, helping, and keeping records for dozens of classes, teachers, and students. We train the teachers, and travel to their stakes many times throughout the year. It's kind of hard for me to explain, but just know that I really like it, it's enjoyable, meaningful, and rewarding work and I'm thankful to have such a great job. There is only one Support Specialist per 2-3 stakes, and less than 10 in the whole New England Area, and I'm one!!!! This is the New Haven Chapel which is where we go to church, and where I work.

1 comment:
What an awesome job!! Sounds like something I would love to do too :) Also, what a unique and beautiful building!! :)
Post a Comment